Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Group: Electrical Services
Direct Reports: All on-site project personnel, excluding craft labor
Provide overall management direction for large and/or complex electrical projects and develop new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients, geographical area, or type of project (typically within the healthcare, higher education, semiconductor, or data center industries).
1. Assume primary project leadership responsibilities in partnership with other key team members and project personnel.
2. Evaluate the contractual scope of work. Plan, organize and staff key project positions through regional department heads, subordinate project managers, general superintendents, etc.
3. Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of our corporate policy.
4. Initiate and maintain liaison with clients and A/E contacts to facilitate successful construction activities.
5. Negotiate, prepare and issue subcontracts.
6. Monitor/control construction through administrative direction of on-site project superintendent. Prepare, issue and update master project schedule and variance reports to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
7. Manage financial aspects of contracts (costs, billings, and collections) to maintain profitability goals and positive cash flow while simultaneously maintaining a positive relationship with client.
8. Manage risks. Investigate potentially serious situations to circumvent problems or promptly implement corrective measures as required.
9. Actively pursue additional work through change orders.
10. Ensure project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and standards.
11. Supervise/mentor the work of other project managers and assistant project managers, when assigned.
12. Assume additional responsibilities as directed by group vice president, corporate executives, or as project dictates.
Travel Requirements: Up to 100% (may vary significantly between individuals in this
Position depending on job site)
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
Extensive (10+ years) experience/knowledge of electrical construction design, finance, and management
Thorough understanding or corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc., and their impact on project activities
Outstanding negotiation and change order management skills
Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.)
Exceptional organizational and documentation skills
Advanced abilities in problem solving, scheduling, and cost control
Excellent MS Office skills and ability/drive to learn new software systems
OSHA-30 certification (if not currently certified, must be obtained within six (6) months from date of hire)
Ability to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.