Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Manages sales support staff activities by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
• Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
• Meets with customers, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
• Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
• Work with company to develop programs for our market that will maximize sales, profitability and market share.
• Advises dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques
• Requires excellent customer and employee relation skills and effective communication with all department managers and sales staff.
• Pro-actively establish effective relationships and support others in achieving high performance.
• Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
• Assigns sales territory to sales representatives.
• Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
• Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
• Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
• Delivers sales presentations to key customers in coordination with sales representatives.
• Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
• Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
• Directs product research and development.
• Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition.
• Recommends or approves budget, expenditures, and appropriations for research and development work.
Directly supervises Up to 5 employees and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
General computer literacy a must.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Driver's License and Clean Driving Record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.