Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
Address:3251 James Pitts Dr, Mckinney, TX 75071
Durham School Services, a subsidiary of National Express Corporation a well known provider of School Bus Services in the United States and Canada, has an immediate opening for a Diesel mechanic (Tech I) for our School Bus Fleet at our Mckinney, TX. location. Key accountabilities for this position include customer satisfaction, productivity, technical skills and knowledge, teamwork, personal and facility image and safety as well as a Commitment to Excellence.
Qualified Candidates should have:
•Minimum of three to five years automotive or truck mechanic repair experience
•Prefer certification by the Automotive Service Excellence Testing program as a Master Automotive Technician and/or a Master Truck Technician
•High School graduate or equivalent education, training and experience
•Possess valid applicable state license and other required certification operate company vehicles
•Possess the recommended minimum tools for a Master Technician
•Technical knowledge of major vehicle systems and diesel equipment is required
•High school graduate or equivalent education, training or experience
•Must be experienced with computerized diagnostics
•Ability to use good judgment and Decision Making skills
•Must pass DOT pre-employment physical, drug screen and background check
Interested candidates should apply online here: https://tbe.taleo.net/NA2/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=DURHAMSCHOOLSERVICES&cws=5&rid=1269
DURHAM SCHOOL SERVICES
3251 James Pitts Dr
McKinney, TX 75071
**Shift Hrs M-F 8:30am - 5:30pm
Diesel Mechanic Technician I - To diagnose malfunctions and repair buses and perform preventative maintenance within qualification level to established standards of safe and reliable operation and in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and standards.
1. Diagnoses malfunctions and performs vehicle repairs (e.g. adjust/test steering, electrical, cooling, lubricating, braking systems, drive trains, suspensions, power steering units, clutches, transmissions and oil, temperature, gas regulating components, adjust/test/rebuild engines etc.) and related assigned duties within qualification level, in accordance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements. Test-drives vehicles to ensure repair resolved the problem.
2. Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all major repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
3. Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
4. Identifies and reports any additional maintenance and/or repairs found necessary in conducting assigned repairs and maintenance including repairs and maintenance required to be performed by Technicians with a higher qualification level.
5. Records time spent, parts used and repairs and/or maintenance conducted on appropriate form.
6. Advises Maintenance Supervisor of unsafe maintenance conditions or practices and/or vehicle abuse.
7. Performs road calls and on the road repairs as assigned.
National Express is an equal opportunity employer
"Our Commitment Is To Deliver Fleet Excellence Every Time"
Key Skills in: Engine repair, Test and adjust units to specifications Engine repair and overhaul, Electrical and electronic systems, Diesel engines, Diagnostics, Alignment, Fleet Mechanic, Valve and injector adjustments, steering and suspension adjustment, Diagnose faults and malfunctions Brake systems, Complete brake jobs and wheel seals, Lubricate , Heavy-Duty Equipment mechanic, Hydraulic systems, diagnostic tools, brake & Engine calibration devices, preventive maintenance, Bus Mechanic, Fuel and emission systems, Ignition and electrical systems, combustible engines Automatic transmission, Standard transmission, driveline components , Inspect and test mechanical units, School Bus, Repair and replace mechanical units, suspension systems, Drive train components, Collision repair, Diesel Repair, R&R, Overhaul, Maintenance of commercial transport truck systems, DOT inspections, off road equipment repair, automotive/diesel repair certification, Master Mechanic, Bus Garage Mechanic, Services tech.