Client Name : Healthcare Insurance Client
Job Title : Test Co-ordinator
Location : Richardson, TX - 75082
Start date : ASAP
Estimated End Date : December 31, 2012 (will most likely go well into 2013)
This position is responsible for program level coordination of test activities and test strategies, and identifying quality risks in regards to new and existing concurrent applications. The role is responsible for coordinating agreed upon testing activities across all designated groups for both ITG and Business. This position is responsible for working directly with Information Technology and Business leadership and staff to provide coordination services, metrics regarding testing, SDM compliance and timelines. This position will participate in meetings and workgroups. This position must be able to interact with testers, developers, business users, PMO and Project Sponsors in order to promote project success.
1. Coordinate testing activities, at the Program level, for new and existing internal and/or external applications which involves validating that business specifications have been implemented as requested, and that existing functionality continues to perform. This involves coordinating the activates of testing staff on multiple, concurrent projects.
2. Working with Business Analysts, test groups, business users, and developers to understand the broad perspective of functionality implemented within each release.
3. Coordinate and drive project team members in developing testing strategies for each phase within a release, while assisting with the scheduling of new releases at either a program level or across various testing groups.
4. Identify resource requirements, constraints, risks, environment needs, testing tool requirements, training and assumptions.
5. Daily use of both verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of management, and manage client expectations. Communication skills must include the ability to escalate resource fulfillment and project risk issues to appropriate levels of management and the ability to negotiate service levels and deliverables.
6. Ability to work independently, in a team, and across organizational boundaries.
7. Responsible for scheduling all phases of testing to meet milestones and rollout schedules.
8. Responsible for tracking status, analyzing results and publishing status reports as necessary.
9. Support rollouts to various environments, including production, which may require working outside the normal business hours.
§ Bachelor Degree with 2 years related work experience OR Technical Certification or College Courses with 3 years related work experience OR 4 years related work experience.
§ 3 years experience writing, reviewing, approving, and executing test documentation, from Test Strategy documents through test scripts, for major software version releases.
§ Experience in leading major testing efforts: this would include a demonstrated ability to meet demanding rollout schedules to various environments as well as working outside normal business hours.
§ Project experience that was done under the guidance of a software development life cycle, especially testing components of an SDLC.
§ Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
§ Experience and proficiency managing multiple projects through testing cycles.
§ Experience in the Health Insurance industry.
§ Experience and strong proficiency in a Project Manager role for both large projects.
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.