Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.
High profile law firm seeking OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR for their busy Dallas office!
The Office Administrator will manage the day-to-day administrative and operational functions of the Dallas office. This position directly reports to the Partners-in-Charge of the office and works closely with the Executive Director and the Chief Human Resources Officer as well as other Global Services personnel to achieve Firm-wide objectives. Has responsibility for the day-to-day human resources management within the office, including compliance with regulatory requirements as well as firm policies and procedures, recruiting, performance management and performance reviews. Responsible for promoting and establishing a client service environment in support of the lawyers and Firm's clients. Identifies and plans for changing needs of the office, lawyers and staff, while supporting the overall goals of the Firm. Responsible for management of the office's administrative staff, including facilities, support services, secretaries, paralegals, reception and records. Also has responsibility for the preparation and management of the office budget, accounting functions, facilities management and maintenance of contracts and leases.
Qualifications:The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of administration, facilities management, finance/accounting, Human Resources and purchasing. Ten or more years of progressively responsible work experience with large-sized legal or other professional service organization. To maintain effective relationships with partners, lawyers, clients and staff the office administrator must possess excellent interpersonal skills. The Office Administrator role is hands-on and will frequently participate actively in day-to-day operations and administration of the office. Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
• Thorough understanding of administration, facilities management, human resources and purchasing as normally acquired through a University degree in business administration, human resources management or a closely related field or the equivalent work experience.
• Ten years of progressively responsible work experience with legal or other professional services organization with direct experience in managing business operations including planning, human resources and purchasing functions.
• Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions.
• Willingness to be hands-on, very customer and service oriented. Flexible, with natural leadership.
• Interpersonal skills necessary in order to maintain effective relationships with partners, lawyers, clients and staff in person, by e-mail and by telephone to manage staff, facilitate individual and group meetings dealing with the law office operation.
• Ability to travel to private and public buildings locally via private or public conveyance to manage the law office's business.
• Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and strain when performing essential duties. Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with time constraints, interruptions.
• Work frequently requires more than 40 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position.
• Proficient with MS Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Familiarity with and proficiency in CMS time, billing and accounting systems preferred.
International law firm provides an excellent benefit package for their employees along with beautiful offices in Dallas!