Nurse Practitioner (NP) Full time or Part time (Richland Hills) (North Richland Hills)
Address:7600 Glenview Drive, North Richland Hills, TX 76118
Nurse Practitioner (NP)- Full time or Part time (Richland Hills)
Address:Richland Hills, TX 76118
Description: Nurse Practitioner (NP)- Full time or Part time
The Muslim Community Center for Human Services (MCCHS) is a tax exempt, 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1995. MCCHS’ Al-Shifa Clinic is a primary medical charity care clinic that provides non-emergency services to uninsured and underinsured patients. AlShifa patients often include indigent individuals and individuals with limited knowledge of other available resources or services. We have no gender or age restrictions on services; most patients are not proficient in the English language, and are immigrant, multi-racial or multi-ethnic individuals from South Asia, Middle East and Africa who are uninsured persons in need of non-emergency medical services. MCCHS’ primary patient population is immigrants however; approximately 15% of patients served at the center are American-born Caucasian or African American.
Under the supervision of a MCCHS staff physician, the Nurse Practitioner is responsible for administering and overseeing a variety of assignments related to the health care services for patients of the MCCHS AlShifa Clinic. The Nurse Practitioner is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and MCCHS activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations needing care.
Mainly immigrant from South Asia, Middle East and Africa -Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are (16-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Obtains and records patient medical history and performs physical examinations.
2. Orders, evaluates and monitors medical and laboratory diagnostic tests and treatment plans.
3. Performs routine procedures; performs diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as authorized by current clinical privileges.
4. Educates and counsels patient and family members on condition, desired results of treatment plans, expectations during illness and recovery and other related areas.
5. Participates in the management of patient’s care, determine need for consultation to ensure the continuity and quality of care.
6. Consults with supervising physicians, specialists, and other health professionals as appropriate.
7. Adheres to MCCHS policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
8. Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
9. Participation in Medical Society meetings
10. Marketing the medical clinic by outreaching and attending health fairs/networking meetings
This description is a general statement of required essential functions performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of accredited Nurse Practitioner program, Master’s degree or higher.
Experience: At least one year experience in appropriate setting preferred.
Licensure/Certification: Current full, unrestricted license in Texas. Current certification in specialty area of practice, i.e., family, adult, acute care.
Please submit your resume by email or fax 817-590-4575
INCLUDE YOUR SALARY EXPECTATIONS AND AVAILABLE START DATE to:
Talaun Thompson, MCCHS Program Director
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.