For sale is my almost brand new Roland SBX-1000 midi sequencer/ cueing box. The SBX has 16 tracks to record midi performances. It is like 16 player pianos for any electronic instruments with midi i/o. All 3 operation manuals (238 pages) are included as well as a copy of the Operating System floppy diskette.
Everything is in perfect working order, pretty much never used. Here is your chance to own this rare vintage item with all of the documentation.
The Roland SBX-1000 is a device which makes it possible to combine MIDI operations with a complete synchronization system by using SMTPE time code. By bring electronic MIDI instruments into the world of video and audio editing, Roland's MIDI Cueing Box SBX-1000 can greatly improve the quality and efficiency of including sounds and sound effects with video.
The SBX-1000 is a MIDI cueing box which transmits MIDI information and GPI (General Purpose Interface) pulses in synchronization with a device which transmits SMTPE time code.
The SBX-1000 consists of three sections, the cue sheet section, which executes the events (MIDI information and GPI pules) based on the timecode; the tempo controller section, which controls external rhythm machines, the start/stop, functions tempo and song position of an external or the internal sequencer; and the sequencer section. The start/stop functions of the tempo controller section and the sequencer section can be controlled by the cue sheet.
Applications of the Roland SBX-1000 MIDI Cueing device include:
* By using the cue sheet function, program changes for MIDI-compatible effect devices, which were previously controlled manually or by MIDI sequencer, can be controlled automatically based on the time code.
* With the built-in audio trigger, the following application is possible. A bass drum sound, already recorded on tape, can be input and registered in the cue sheet as MIDI information (note on) with its timing. By playing the sound of a sampler or rhythm machine with this MIDI data, recorded sounds can be replaced.
* You can also work solelyl with floppy disks which alredy contain data, since the SBX-1000 has a built-in sequencer that can directly load song data of the MC series, the MV-30 or data in standard MIDI file format.
* Synchronization of Time code with MIDI.
* When using a sampler or synthesizer to play back sound effects, it is possible to enter the events and have them sound according to the specified time points in sync with the image.
* Since the SBX-1000 has a built-in GPI port, it is possible to control transport functions (such as automatic start of a tape recorder or CD player) without using the event controller.
* Since the SBX-1000 has a built-in GPI port, it can automatically control the start of a tape recorder or CD playerequipped with a GPI input connector; it can also control the start/stop functions of a video titler or switcher.
* A sampler can be used to play back soound effects in the editing room.
* The SBX-1000 can also be used to provide time code for rough editing purposes since it has a built-in time code generator (not synchonized with image signals), and a time code reader.
On-line manuals can be found here: